Consular services


Residence Visa


Residence permits must be applied for in person in the Dominican Republic after entering the country with a Tourist Card or Tourist Visa.

For a list of required documents, please visit the General Directorate for Migration. You may find their address at

Please note you will need to take to the Dominican Republic from the United Kingdom an original full birth certificate, legalised by the British Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) This birth certificate must be translated into Spanish. If married, the marriage certificate must also be legalised and translated before departing the United Kingdom.

For further information, please contact the Consular Section at

Consular Section
Embassy of the Dominican Republic
8 Gloucester Square
London, W2 2TJ

Tel: 0905 677 0054 (charges apply)
Fax Fax: 020 7 727 3693


All information displayed is the copywirght © of the
Dominican Republic Embassy UK 2005